Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Day 2 Wrap Up

Wow what a day. We started early this morning and the camp part ended around 8pm so I was tired. However, everything was worth it. I've learned so much today, from Bob Springer to DNA to practicing conducting a mission. I am really looking forward to tomorrow where we will actually do the mission.

However, not everything has been good. Some people have had difficulty with the VEEEEEEERY tight schedule and can't take their smoke/potty/cell phone breaks. Also, this afternoon we were told that a camper has whooping cough and if any of us develop similar symptoms in the next 2 weeks that we need to tell our doctor immediately. Apparently, this person suspected she had it because she had a test done before she left. Also, she requested a solo room so she definitely knew SOMETHING was up. She is gone now but it was VERY irresponsible for her to even show up and possibly infect everyone on her flight, hotel, and camp.

Despite the small speed bumps, this has been an amazing trip. I've met some fantastic people that I will be friends with for a while. Julie, Paul, and Carol from my district are really awesome. Reid (Houston via N. Virginia), Tara (Houston via Philly), Bridget (Chicago), Nicole (Chicago), Sadaa (Japan) and Rebecca (Chicago) are all fantastic people I've met here. My roommate Steve is from Portland, which reminds me of my best friend who lives in Hillsboro, OR.

Day 3 starts now. I'm ready.

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments:

Post a Comment