Friday, July 16, 2010

Day 5 Wrap Up

Yesterday was another great day here at Camp.  We had the Air Force Academy come in and talk to us about possible career paths for our kids.  Excellent information and definitely something to think about in the future.

After that it was Rocket Launch Time!  I get mine on the platform and here is the launch:



The chute did not open all the way so my rocket tumbled pretty fast, but I am proud that it went straight up and pretty high!

After that we had a guest speaker, former astronaut Hoot Gibson.  I wrote about him earlier and he was a very dynamic speaker.  I enoyed listening to him.

After lunch we were GO for our final STS mission.  We did a great job working as a team again. 

The camp counselors keep commenting on what great teamwork we have.  I can tell as well and this is really great.  You want to do your best because you don't want to let your team down.  But you can also have a little fun with your teammates as well.  I communicated with the space station and one of the astronauts developed Narcolepsy so I got to take care of that and have a little fun with them in the process.

The final thing of the night was observing the stars.  The International Space Station was actually visible and flew directly over us last night.  I tried to take a picture but it did not come out well.  We also learned about stars alignment and the constellations.  I love astronomy but I have never been very knowedgeable about it.  Nicholas is a stargazer too so I am going to have to learn these things so I can share with him.

I am sad today is our final day but I miss my boys so much.  This trip has been really hard on my oldest Nicholas.  He keeps demanding a flight suit so I think I am going to break down and get him one today.  I am definitely going to miss my wonderful (and hopefully lifelong) friends I've met here, but I can't wait to see him and Colin tomorrow.

Ok I am now a GO for breakfast.  Roger, over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment